Welcome to My World of Words!!!

Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Swades..!!!

Swades..!!!

All characters coming in this story are just said to be a fiction. It has nothing to do with the real world. But definitely lots to do with the content of the story. So sit back. Fasten ya seat belts not because u may skid out off seat but to make sure that u ll be there till u read the last line of the story…J So sit back for next a hour n enjoy the story.

It was 6.30 am on Sunday morning and I got up as if someone working on weekends also. But the real cause was my tummy got upset n I had some rinsing works to be done to make it fine for rest of the day. My wify was lying unconsciously sleeping on another bed due to heavily dozed last night party. It was a wedding anniversary of one of her friend who got married to a guy of gapping 12 years. Strange but true…Well the the present generation is against it , but still… may be her father did a big deal by looking into his back up and not his age….And haa Don think that my wify had a fight with me and so was sleeping on another bed. Actually she preferred sleeping lone whenever she is tossed. That happens most of 5 out of 7 nights a week… J

I carried myself to flush myself n then came to balcony with a newspaper n a cup of kofy. My thoughts were rambling over here and there than the words written broad on the paper. I was trying to figure out where it went wrong. Then I realize that I had some baked n ready to eat food last night n that drowned me to this pathetic state. Well what else… I had no option. Wify was busy in her world n also now…J and there was any hardly piece of food that really cooked at home. Well frns its not the story of one day. It’s a daily newspaper headlines of all those kicked off high profiled families that stayed here out of home and home country. No one had time to think about ‘what’s next’ factor. With this food stuff itself we can figure out like in the early days mom use to prepare stuffs with all natural ingredients available. But now..the thing is changed. Everything comes packed. They will be preserved for long days by these preservatives. Which in turn wont preserve our health for long time… J Funny but a worrying fact.

Hmmm by this time my wify jus clinched a bit n got up with a yawn n stretching her arms. As if whole night she had whole world on her shoulder and jus now she put it down n relaxing. Well she came out rambling her hairs n joined me with a cup of juice as she was more health n fitness conscious. Well let me introduce u all about my wify.

Long years ago she… in the sense her parents had put up her profile in matrimonial service stating that she is currently working in some bla bla bla country…n she prefers to have her partner as some highly profiled working in same bla bla bla country n he shall support her for her carrier for atleast 4 years of marriage. Hmmm this was a slow poison which was not guessed by anyone. Now its 14 years of marriage and she is still in working condition without any trouble. Her father also just wanted to export her from India. She was like a package for me J . Somehow we managed to bring out two kids. And they are purely customized to this bla bla country’s culture. They can hardly speak in our mother tongue. As the tongue to thicker n adopted as per the country standards. And much strange thing is when we go to our homes in vacation…they look their grannies as some Aliens. As they are from another world. They don have that attachment or communication which makes them feel their bond. Even for our parents also especially that exporter(daughter’s pa) he is quite confused to jumbled with these kids. Even if he wants to love them.. he cant convey them. I think now he realized the side effects of this export business. Well this was ly my part story. He had 2 more daughters which he already exported to some other similar un-related world. I donno wat was his pathetic condition over there. They couldn’t see their grand childrens first steppings.. all we did is we captured it and then..they watched it as movie. Suddenly my mind was gathered with so many thoughts in jus minutes and the kofy was loosing its warmth.

Well there was a person to put a brake on this. “Hi Mr. Vinay..!!! Good morning..!!!” A crumpy mashy fat voice wished me. Mr. Santosh, from the next door with a tough specs on his nose wished me with a smile. My thoughts stopped travelling into deep and why not..It was Santosh who has pulled the disk brake on. I jus with a brisk smile lifted my head n wished him back. He was of same state and nearby place in my home country. Now m lucky to have him as a neighbor. But the luck couldn’t creep more. He being of same origin never atleast spoke in our mother tongue. Its all prestige n hell lot of level of living that made walls of itself. It seemed to materialistic now to express or talk anything else than the business or future expansions. The next sec..he got call from his wify and so he has to leave. He bared a different story. He was brought up with 3 more brothers n 2 sisters. Out of which all stayed in India and only this spoiled brat stayed next to me. I unofficially use to ask him sometimes that when u planning to go back..???? His reply was ridiculous. He told he goes back once in every 3 years…J my curiosity couldn’t stay behind bars now. I use to dig more.. for that his answer was like as he had 3 bros there in India, they are enough to look after their parents. And he is happy here. Why to turn back anymore..??? its just a waste of money and time… Huuufffff this is really something ringing the bells. Are parents are piece of cake that are to be shared among their childrens????

A plate of bread n jam came to table with no reason to stretch her lips. My wify was like she just brought it for me… Haha I got back to my flash back where my mom use to prepare all 7 different types of breakfast on all 7 days. But this… it was like feeding a buffalo daily J same shrubs n stuffs. Eat buffalo eat…!!! J the chorus sung in my mind…Well I cant complain her much. As she was a export quality goods sought of.. J she knew ly packet foods. And she either had that patience to do anything by herself also. She observed me for a moment and asked what I was thinking in next moment… I replied “m on diet” that either meant I was really on diet on I was not interested in food. But the real meaning was I bugged with that mechanical life. Which my wify never understood.

Well we don’t exact get the the root cause for this kind of situation. Whether its this generation mistake or the way of thinking of our parents. Well let me expand this. Well this current generation thinks finding a job abroad is the ly ultimate goal of life. Well to make money this is the only way. And this in turn makes them & their parents proud in the society. And once they plug into any other country they fell sick to leave it and go back. No matter someone is waiting for them every morning at the door. No one hell matters about the pain that they are giving to their parents. I donno when this generation will understand all these thing. As in case of Mr. Santosh.. he stated that there are his bros to look after them. But did he ever thought that his parents also did the same thing when he was a child??? He never. Whats the fare use of being so educated and being so dignified. Our generation is keen in serving other countries. If the same they would have worked for our own country then there was really no looking back n other these bla bla countries could sustain our success. This they never understand. They shal never know our potential. Well they all know is money. M not opposite to that. But everything has a limit. Make some money n come back. Coz we never know wen the door which is open and someone is waiting will close without our knowledge.

India is meant for its rich culture. And culture is not out of something without any relations or bondings. In no other country we can see people of 2-3 generations staying under same roof. But in our country it is still there. But now its alarming stage for us. As the present generation and the forth coming are spoiling this culture. The bonding between generations is getting weaker. There is no end for this money making business. And in between we forget all except ourselves. All are jus mechanized. This generation is serving other countries more than ourselves. I think we have to wake up. If there is something fishy in our home..then being one of this family we have to take responsibility of cleaning it up. Not like escaping from the responsibility n run n stay as hostage in other’s home. The upcoming gen is highly intel but very weak in moral thinking. Where we are stepping day by day..??? no one is thinking that.

Hmmm this is all about the generation…now coming to out elders.. please don revert any bad opinion after reading this but this is what happening… the present scenario is such that a guy if he has a gal child then he just thinks of exporting her with a care taker(Poor Hubby) to any of the country that can be traceable on geographic map of MOTHER EARTH. I donno wats the big deal he is implementing by doing this. Is this pulls up his collar in society???? Or is he so bugged up to see her daughter in front of him??? Or Is it like if he hangs her with any guy serving in same country will diminish his glitter in the society. Is he really happy after doing all these??? Is his daughter happy after marrying to a over gapped guy or a guy who always runs back of money and no idea to turn back home??? Or Is it a pride for him to watch his grand childrens first stepping as a pre-recorded video brings him all pride and happiness???? Coz of some helpful technology he is able to talk n see their own ones live through video chats and etc… but just sit back for a moment… is it really a life??? Did he wanted all these??? Well money is needed for everyone… but no one can eat money when they are hungry… no one can buy that happiness of being intact and being under same roof with money. At the end no money will come back of anyone. It is the 4 people around him with whom he spent lifelong will be there to take him on last physical bed. Hope u all got it..

Months back I use to hear about this 2012 disaster. That whole world is going to quench its thirst by swallowing the build on world by man n bla bla bla. I thought its jus a rumour… but after following with last 15 news all round the world… there are more natural calamities happening all throughout. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, fire burst outs and so on…. So dear incredible intelligent high profiled non related Indians… its high-time to think a bit else than money n pride and ticket yourself to home before the door closes for u forever…

Hmmm.. now its time for my kids to wake up… as guessed…they came out of room and sat on my thighs… both shared the place… By now I was pretty sure to tell my conclusion to my kids… I gave them bread with more jam… n feeded them J I holded both with my arms n told dear kiddies we are going back…!!!! J they were surprised to hear that suddenly. Hurrayyyy!!! Both stretched their hands…n kissed me up and hugged me n went out dancing…!!! My wify was still in shock with eyes and mouth wide open..!!!!

Dear NRI n their respective Parents…Please help us to change this bugging mentality and help India to grow both in ethics culture and as a developed country. Make people pride to live n work for the country. Stop this exporting business and leading artificial life. We have got one single life. Lets live it to core with our people around. Please don push the generation onto No Man’s Land…. This is just a thought. Its upto you how u take it…!!!

JAI HIND..!!! JAI SWADES..!!!

16 comments:

shazzz said...

Actually i gave the inspiration for this awesome story :) hahha.. Really good imajination.. but really its happening now a days in INDIA!

Anonymous said...

Well written imagination! But it is not true!
Just tell me how many Indian kids who live in Big cities in India speak their mother tongue? How many wives cook daily?? Everybody brings food from 'Roti angadi" "Dosa hut"etc. To be honest I learnt many authentic Insian cooking here in USA! I bet kids growing up outside India tend to respect Indian culture more than kids in India!
But story (The Fiction) is realy well written.

Vinay Hegde said...

@ Shazzz.. Thanks a lot for being inspired..

@ Anonymous...First of all thanks for patiently reading the lengthy blog... n coming to the story...this is not the case with all those who live out, this is just an example which lively happened in some cases..I just promoted into fiction and my fair intention was just to pull our Indians back home...:)

Unknown said...

Good blog vinay... Its really a good lesson for who respects money more than the relations.. esp the techies, staying far away from our motherland..

Vinay Hegde said...

Thank u Nivedita... Yeah its happening like the same.. but no one to look at it..!!!

Anonymous said...

hey nice blog... the main reason most people are settling abroad is because they feel work culture and the system is much better than in India. Also, our Govt should try and keep the working class happy by providing the same system. (avoid corruption, provide good roads, make use of people tax for good cause, give equal satuts for everyone,...).
I have seen lot of Indians still maintain same culture and doing charity works for the country which common middle class family livig in India cant do(meeting everyday expenses is difficult though they might be working in higher positions).. this is my observation.. I cook everyday different food(north indian, south indian, italian, etc etc)

Unknown said...

cont previous msg...
who does not want to stay in thier mother land... it is the Govt..that is making people go out and find oppurtunities outside. if a good and efficient Govt can bring in a good system..i am sure everyone would never go out.

Vinay Hegde said...

Dear Reader,

@ Anonymous n Sowmya,

I thank for the keen observation and interest in my blog..

First of all i wanna make clear one thing that I wanna clear is we are Indians and I guess no other country has the rich culture as India has... It is we who are getting attracted to western culture..we are unable to find the depth of our culture whereas the ppl from outside world are learning our culture... coming to Govt... well it has to be defined by us.. if govt is not good n corruption is more then who has to look that??? we cant run out of our responsibility...C'mmon its our country.. no one else from any other country will clean our country...
n coming to cooking factor... I jus tried to explain the present lifestyle ... m not against any women who doesnt cook... take lite :)

Unknown said...

i think we lack just in that. we have caste system(racism) which i dont know when..will be wiped out. i think if each individual tries his best to stop this racism there will be some good changes as these politicians wont come up with 'parties'..
anyway it is nice to talk about changing it but difficult to implement. recently i spoke to few friends of mine working in Govt sector. they did not hesitate to accept the fact they take bribes!!!
i am hoping not to return to this country..but..its too tempting.. with such nice polite, friendly people, nice working evironment, 8 hrs working.

Unknown said...

its a known fact and we all know that people who are paying their tax is going straight into the pockets of our politicians. what can a common person do?? people who come into ruling power gets the chance to 'make' money.how can we stop this!
they hardly get any time to think about the development and keep the efficient people (becos they will have change the system, increase pay etc which is the only way to stop them going abroad )
anyway it depends on the individual how much he/she can bear these exploitations...personally for me india means home.. i am ready to face anything:)

Vinay Hegde said...

Hmmmm Thank U Sowmya...I donno I know u or not...But really thanks for your views...There is lot of corruptions n dirt in our courtry... but one should take up this challenge n make sure that together we can and we will make a difference..!!! I liked ya last line"personally for me india means home.. i am ready to face anything:)" This shows the patriotism n strong back up of our rich culture..!!! :)

Unknown said...

Its very easy to tell from out side and blame the government or political leaders for all the wrongs. I do not say our political leaders are clean. But how many people take initiative to correct the existing mess?

Vinay Hegde said...

I agree with u Shriram...This puzzle cannot be solved by standing n protesting in other country...Its our home...we have to clean our home...!!!

Indian said...

Hi There,

Well written, may be Vinay made a good choice to go back to India but will he be happy with the infrastructure back in India and other facilities bribe every damn person to get work done?... Only positive point to go back is family. Lets not blame on one another why don't we start cleaning our politics and build our country in more positive way lets take India to next big thing "Indian Dream come true" and lets watch American's try to get visa for working in India and struggle in India to survive as many Indians do in USA at present time.

Well Obama from nowhere became President of America. why cant we start a revolution and make India the best country in the world.

Vinay Hegde said...

@ Indian...First of all I wud like to Thank U for ya interest shown on my blog and most important is the comment that U have posted... Well U are truly right and I expected something same & really I wud look forward for the day wen American struggle to get visa to India..!!! Well we together... we can & we will make a difference... :)

shillpa said...

wt a real story....going around us...